Hello again, let’s talk about studying languages.. Before I left for the USA I studied English intensively for 6 months. I wanted to get my English on av better level so I could understand people better while I was there. I tried my best to study everyday at least for a little bit.
Here are some tips for studying Eglish (or probably any other language):
1. Study grammar– find teacher or websites which suits you and study from them
- in the same time study vocabulary- flashcards, dictionaries, idioms
2. Find some movies/tv series which do not have that much complicated language (Friends, HYMYM..)
- When you do not understand turn on subtitles and find words you do not understand (in your own language)
- you can listen to a radio as well (it is possible to do it online too)
- Talk to people online in the language that you are trying to improve in.
- It is important to do some work daily
3. Expand your vocabulary make lists and revise.
4. Use some interactive tools– games, pictures, connections are important..
5. Join a group with a native speaker– it can really boost your language skills
1 thought on “5 tips for studying languages”
Good post. I learn something new and challenging on sites I stumbleupon on a daily basis. Its always helpful to read through content from other authors and practice a little something from other web sites.