Hello, today I want to go over few tips about getting along.
Being able to fit well in your host family is crucial for having a good time staying with them. I want to say that not every family is the same, nearly every family has different customs and things they like and don’t like.
- Try to actually get to know them. (you can start even before you leave your country- write an e-mail, connect on social media..)
- When you actually come to their home, try to be polite and nice
- Itroduce yourself
- Answer questions and if you want to know anything don’t be affraid to ask them. (They will most likely love talking to you since they chose to host you)
- Get to know them, like actually.
- Be yourself (There is no point in being someone you aren’t)
- Participate in their activities if you can (join them as much as you can)
- Help around if you can (do dishes sometimes does not kill you, right?)
- Adjust to the family dynamics (every family has their habits and ways.)
- and finally- express your gratefulness to them for having you