Hello, let’s talk about things you might want to pack. If you have any other things you think are important to take, let me know in the coments.
- Before even making a list considered what climate does state/country, which you are going to be staying in, have. You will need different things for states like Alaska, Michigan or Minnesota than for Florida.
- Look at google maps or any other map for stores around the place of your stay, so you can reduce things you take, by not taking items which are easy to get near your place of stay.
- Finally we are getting to the point of making a list:
- T-Shirts (I took 9 and it was enough)
- Sweatshirt/s (how many depends mostly on where you are going)
- Long sleeve shirts
- Softshell or other jacket for colder weather
- Underwear (at least 8 pairs)
- Socks (again depeds but I would go with at least 8 pairs, also concider taking couple pairs of warm socks)
- Pants, jeans, joggers, sweatpants (I would take at least 4 pairs of pant of some sort)
- Suit/dress for special occasions
- Skirts and dresses (btw- I did not take any but feel free to do so if you want to)
- Shorts (at least one pair even when you go somewhere cold)
- Shoes (I would take at least one pair of sneakers or athletic/running shoes one pair of boots and some nice dress shoes)
- winter wear (scarfs, glowes, winter jacket, termo underwear, warm hats, sweaters, extra pair of boots…)
- pyjama or your sleepwear
- Towel (or towels)
- The main toiletry bag (toothbrush, paste, comb/brush, sunscreen, cologne, shampoo, soap, other product you use, dental floss, moisturiser/lotion, lip balsam, shaving and beauty products)
- Bag with all the medication you need (pain relievers, allergy pills and anything else you use, also check on the internet what medication you can get in the country you go to without trouble, you might concider taking some spare boxes with you)
- adapter for eletric outlets (your country might have different outlets than your “host county”)
- some small present for your host family (if you have one)
- anything else you need for your hobbies or is hard to buy in your new location (watches, jewlery, sport equipment…)
- What you can put in your carry on:
- Hygiene items (toothbrush, toothpaste, small towel, hand sanitizer…)
- pair of spare clothes to change
- something to eat at the airport
- Laptop (if you have one)
- Portable charger
- Headphones and eye mask (plains get noisy)
- pillow or blanket to the plain
- empty bottle
- any medication you need
- wallet-Credit/debit cards, cash, insurance card
- paper and pen
- anything else you need/want on the plain and at the airport
4. When you have a list, consider what luggage will be the best choise for you. Some people like duffle bags, some suitcases. Choose luggage which suits you, your needs and can fit your clothes and other items well. I personally chose a hard shell suit case.
5. Again look at the map of store in your location and leave the things you can get easily at home. Pack your luggage, weight it and add or remove things. (You need to fit into limit which your airlines set- mines had 50lbs/23 kg it might differ).
If you know about anything else I should add let me know in the coments 🙂
Good Luck. Regular Jan